Monday, June 21, 2010

Tri Mommy Tri

I did my first ever sprint triathlon Sunday in Kalispell. I swam for 1/2 mile, then biked 13 and ran 3.1 to finish. I did better than I expected to do by about 20 minutes, but it was hard!! I think I'll do some more and get better at them. Then I can be a Tri Mommy!
Here is the sign that inspired the title, home made by Mike. What a husband!!

This is pre-tri. This is my nervous, anxious, lets get this over with smile.


The whole idea of body marking made me feel like a bad ass.

Josh wanted to know if the water was cold -- so I showed him! Mom, dad and John made that cute sign for me. I'm so lucky to have such great support!

This was the women's start -- I was one of 220 racers.


Swimming was the leg that I was most unsure of...here I am finally, finally getting my stride.

During the transition from swim to bike, Josh asked me if I saw any rock monsters during my swim. What a sweet boy!


Biking, heading down the last 1/2 mile of the bike course and so so so happy!


The finish line!! I was hoping, dreaming more like it, of finishing in 2:15. Woo Hoo! 19 minutes faster.


Hilerie sent me flowers via brother John! Thanks to you BOTH!



My beautiful family at the finish line. What good cheerleading section! Those boys were champs hanging around for 2 hours watching!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Blog Updater is my main title. Mom, wife, daughter, sister, and co-worker are also on the list.