Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Paris in the Springtime...

Paris, stop #2. We spent 3 days here. It was our favorite stop (of the cities, we loved loved loved the Cinque Terre.), mostly because it was so charming. We loved the sites, the churches, the museums, the food, the wine, the bistro seating, everything!

Mike and I took the train from London to Paris under the chunnel. Super cool -- it went over 200 mph and was so comfortable.


We got to go to Notre Dame! Very impressive, very beautiful. My favorite part was the rose windows, shown here.

Us in front of the Louvre. This was a highlight for us, we loved this museum!

We are not very artsy, so we were very impressed with the art at the museums in France. I'm standing in front of The Wedding Celebration (I think), which is the biggest painting I've ever seen!

Mike's Mona Lisa smile.


At the Louvre, we were inspired by the Robert Langdon Da Vinci Code symbolism. *grin*


The Arc du Trimuph. Jr is sad it wasn't bigger.

I thought the Arc was super cool. We climbed over 300 stairs (again) to the top to see a view of the 13 streets that lead to this giant roundabout. Insanity! I love that Mike will take silly pictures of me and not judge me for being so juvenile.


We loved the Eifel Tower. So amazing, the size, the views, the engineering that went into it, etc.


I have a new favorite food -- crepe with nutella (or nutella and bananas if I want to be healthy). This is me ordering my second one in two days.


Our favorite thing to do was to eat outside on the sidewalk. We loved that the restaurants arranged their seating in rows, so we sat side-by-side and looked out. We called it Side By Side Looky Outies, and we searched for them everywhere. A half liter of red wine (chilled, mmm) some nummy french food and some world class people watching, color us happy!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Blog Updater is my main title. Mom, wife, daughter, sister, and co-worker are also on the list.