Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Rome -- Part 2 The Colloseum

We were not extra excited to see the Colosseum because we didn't really understand it and thought it would be just another old building. I'm happy to report we were very wrong! It was amazing, one of our favorite stops on the trip.

We went late the afternoon before but the doors were already closed so we just checked out the grounds.


There were interesting things everywhere around there.



The next morning, in the cool quiet morning, we had a lovely time touring the giant structure. I was shocked at how intricate the logistics of facilitating the violent battles really was.

It's truly an amazing sight.

I love this view of it.

Some old pillars. We're very easily amused.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Blog Updater is my main title. Mom, wife, daughter, sister, and co-worker are also on the list.