Tuesday, September 22, 2009

RunRunRun...

Hilerie (the best friend a girl could ever dream of having) met me in Portland for the Komen Race for the Cure this weekend. We were two of over 43,000 participants--what an experience to be part of something so big.

Mike and the boys supported us by cheering with their signs near the finish line. I don't want to bog down into my emotional nonsense, but it was a big deal to me that this was my first race as a mommy. I wanted a sign that said Go Mommy.


Here we go -- almost done!


Look, we tied. We wanted to run it in 45 minutes, and we did it in 38! Go Us!


The race finished at the waterfront park in downtown, and so we took a photo op near one of the fountains.


The allure of the water was too much for Luke, he could not keep his eyes off the water. I tried to put the sign up to block his view, but he was determined not to look at the camera.


I can't stand how cute he is, had to get a quick squeeze in before I put him back in his stroller.


Josh was inspired by the runners and ran many, many circles around the tree.


Look -- my friend Heidi made these t-shirt designs and I had them printed on Josh and Luke's shirts for today. They say "My mommy ran."

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Blog Updater is my main title. Mom, wife, daughter, sister, and co-worker are also on the list.