Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Spotted Bear at last

We spent time in paradise, aka Spotted Bear (south of Hungry Horse Reservoir and the Bob Marshall Wilderness), this weekend.  We've been talking about camping up here for four long years. Finally we got to go! Mike spent three nights without us, and then the boys and I joined him.  It was memorable and something I hope we repeat!

The boys were in heaven. They loved playing with rocks, sticks, water, you name it!


This is the picture of a boy who takes his playing very seriously!


We crossed the river to play at a beach.  Josh and Luke (plus our new friends...) made a rock dam so that they could trap fish.  This tactic works better where there is a tide, but lets not mention that to the kids.

This picture makes me happy.  The boys fishing, each happy in their own little way.  The bridge is how we crossed -- swaying and all. Mom, you would have died. :)

Heading off with Luke and our new friend Levi to catch a big one!

I'm so proud of Josh and his fearless swimming!  He and daddy swam to that rock together (we eventually all did it, but Josh and daddy didn't ever touch each other. I held onto Luke the whole way).  Josh just jumps right in and kicks like mad.

This is the view from our beach -- its the confluence of the Spotted Bear and the South Fork of the Flathead Rivers.  Pretty beautiful if you ask me.

We had a herd of people around our camp fires.  We met a fun little family with 4 kids, and we were up with Bob and Shelley.  Then Friday John and Dacia joined us. Chaos!!


This is what Luke does best -- throw heavy rocks into the water. And look cute.


Call Child Protective Services -- Josh got 18 bug bites on his back at one time.  Mom of the Year, that's me!

Josh was the first one to catch a fish in bull trout hole. Who cares if it was a cutthroat and not a bull trout, it counts. I love how he holds it.  I love his smile. I love it all.

This is an attempt at a picture of all the kids -- the baby girl was not in it.  Clockwise from the top, we have Mikai'a (5 years old) on the railing, Levi the three year old, Josh (5), Luke, (2 1/2), and Jonah (7).  Quite a crew, I tell ya! 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Blog Updater is my main title. Mom, wife, daughter, sister, and co-worker are also on the list.